Friday, July 23, 2010

Flickrstorm!!!

Foreign Language teachers (and all others for that matter), you are about to acquire a tool that will allow your students to use photos from Flickr safely! For those of you, like me, we cannot use Flickr in our district and I understand exactly why...now. As I was searching their site for photos on Spain, I came across a rather alarming, but funny photo. Of course, I would be completely dismayed should any of my students come across something like this while searching for useful goodies! I found that Flickrstorm will allow you to search their site (be sure to use the "advanced search" for creative commons photos), you will then take the photo you like and put it in a "tray". You may put multiple photos in this tray. Then you will take the web address for that tray, and share it with your students. This way, they ONLY see the photos YOU added!! I was so excited to find this little nugget and just couldn't wait to share it with you! Flickrstorm is easy to use and above all, safe for your students to have a resource for photos. Just be sure they are creative commons and allowed for student use or educational purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment